Disclaimer: This product is handmade. There maybe minor imperfections in print, shape, size, and colour which are inherent to the process and what makes it unique. Actual colors may vary slightly due to your screen's resolution.
- Shipping worldwide to all countries
- Flat shipping rate of USD 20 below USD 299
- Free worldwide shipping above USD 299
- Standard delivery within 7-9 working days
- Eligible for easy returns and exchanges. (T&Cs apply)
Kerala is an eternal poetry, one that begins with a magical sunrise and flows into floating lotus gardens. The fishermen at work in the pristine Kumarakom Lake, the tea estates, herds of majestic wild elephants in Munnar and colors of tropical trees, fruits, and flowers complete this poetry. And, the highlight is its biggest festival, Onam that celebrates the season of harvest. It is this time of the year that the city is bejeweled with festive fervor and joy. One of the many celebrations during this time is Vallam Kali (Boat Race), and Chundan Vallam is the boat used for this race. Meticulously crafted, these boats are popularly referred to as snake boats for their unique construction which has a rising rear and a long tapering front, resembling a snake with its hood raised. Tastefully decorated with green and scarlet silk umbrellas, we found our muse in these majestic vehicles that can carry as many as 128 paddlers. Each boat belongs to a village and is sacred. Our hand block story Onam centers around Chundan Vallam, a particularly complex motif to have been created and worked upon. The majestic elephant, gorgeous flowers, lotus, and plantain with a stunning pink bud complete the story. Our tribute to Godâ€™s own country!
- Wonderfully light, soft, and reversible
- Handquilted in 100% premium cotton
- Hand block printed with azo-free dyes
- Consists of 200 GSM cotton filling inside
- Perfect for light to moderate winters
- Features an original Pinklay design
- Designed and ethically handcrafted in India
- Size: Single (60X90 Inch) & Double (90X108 Inch)
This quilt is pre-washed and ready to use
We recommend dry cleaning. If you choose to home wash, please do so gently in cold water with mild detergent. Do not soak, rub, wring, spin, or tumble dry. Dry in shade on a flat surface. Whites should be washed separately. Use a warm iron.
Comes in a fabric care bag. When not in use, fold neatly and store the quilt in the care bag. We suggest airing the quilt first time before use.